- Drew Stanton starred for the Lions against the Bears, but was not able to pull out a victory, as Chicago won- 24-20. Stanton racked up 178 yards, completing 16 of 24 passes for a touchdown and a 102.4 passer rating. He also picked up twelve yards on the ground off four carries, running one in for a three yard touchdown. The other members of the Terrific Trio of Spartans also did well. Linebacker Julian Peterson had two tackles and two assists, while kicker Dave Rayner connected on field goals of 25 and 50 yards. Fellow Spartan alum Kellen Davis played for the Bears, recording no stats in the game.
- Tight end Chris Baker started for the Seahawks in a 31-14 thumping of the Panthers. Carolina center Chris Morris was not active for the match up.
- Colts wide receiver Blair White started, recording thirty-two yards on four receptions. He also returned two punts for twenty-two yards. The final score of the game was 38-35, in favor of Dallas. Defensive back Ross Weaver remains on the Cowboysâ€™ practice squad.
- Since the tenacious Brownsâ€™ defense was able to hold the Dolphins to a mere 10 points, punter Brandon Fields got a lot of work. He booted seven punts for a 49.7 yard average in the 13-10 loss to the Browns.
- Both Bronco-Spartan starters notched tackles in a 10-6 defeat at the hands of the Chiefs. Defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson had two tackles and an assist while safety Renaldo Hill had five tackles on the day.
- Giants wide out Devin Thomas had two special teams tackles in a 31-7 victory over his former team, the Redskins.
- Three Spartan alumni saw the field in a 13-10 Steelers triumph over the rival Ravens. Flozell Adams started at right tackle for Pittsburgh while Derrick Mason hauled in two passes for 22 yards (a long of 15 yards) and defensive end Brandon McKinney had two assists for Baltimore.
- Javon Ringer of the Titans caught one pass for four yards in a 17-6 loss to the Jaguars.
- The Bengals suffered yet another loss, this time in heartbreaking fashion to the Saints, 34-30. The Bengalsâ€™ Kyle Cook started at center, while Domato Peko started at defensive tackle.
- Despite causing a ruckus in the Raidersâ€™ backfield, Ogemdi Nwagbuoâ€™s efforts (three tackles, two assists, and a tackle for loss) were not enough to help the Chargers overcome Oakland. MSU alum Jeremy Ware saw time in the Oakland secondary in the 28-13 win.
- Jehuu Caulcrick was not active for the Bills in a 38-14 beating at the hands of the Vikings.
- In a premier Monday Night match up, the Patriots destroyed the Jets, 45-3. Despite this, Eric Smith (starting strong safety for New York) was all over the field for the Jets. He racked up six tackles, an assist, a sack, a tackle for loss, a pass defensed, and a quarterback hit. New England quarterback Brian Hoyer did not play in the game.
- Note: DE Ervin Baldwin remains on the Bearsâ€™ practice squad.